Monday 12 December 2016

Farewell 2016 and a few other things

Alas, it is time to say goodbye ...

Parting is such sweet sorrow!

2016 has been a good year for me. I wrote four books, published two, and even managed to write a short story (something I've always struggled with). I learned heaps about marketing and I started earning a small monthly wage with my book earnings – something that seemed a million years away this time last year.

It's been tough at times to balance deadlines with running a small farm and everything else life throws your way. Often, writing was sacrificed for other needs ... like gosling watching!


I've been doing a lot of reflecting over the last couple of months about what my writing goals should be for 2017 and beyond. I've come to the conclusion that something has to give if I want to publish more books – my most important priority. So, the sacrificial lamb will be... blogging.

This will be my last 'regular' blog post. I'm about to take a short break from writing and will be working on a new website which I hope to have up in mid-Janurary next year. While I've always enjoyed blogging, it does take up a lot of time that I could use for writing more books. I also feel there's millions of writing blogs out there, and I'd prefer (for the immediate future) to produce more content for my readers. So, I'd like to say farewell to (regular) blogging for now. If you've been following my journey this far, thank you.

I'll be posting irregular updates on my new website next year, so check it out in January – same bat channel (www.aderynwood.com), various bat times. You can also keep updated by subscribing to my newsletter for monthly updates. I'll still be sharing writing resources and other writerly experiences via Twitter.

Enjoy the festive season, may you get lots of reading in! See you in 2017 with a new look website.



SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment